Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dear Renee


If you can, please ignore the storesfronts and the streetlamps and the pedantic clumbsiness of this photograph.
Instead, if you will, notice the beam of sunlight streaking between those two banks of clouds, like a pillar of energy. As if God had taken a magnifying glass and aimed it between the edges of two worlds. Guiding something powerful upward, toward Him.
This is for you, Sweet Renee. May God's guiding hand find you and give you peace. I will miss you.
xoxoxo Barbara

9 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

How beautiful - and comforting Barbara. I hope Renee can feel all the love and care directed to her.

Chatty Crone said...

I am not sure what this post means exactly - but I think Renee passed away? Hugs and prayers for you - Sandie

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May Renee feel only the love of her friends and family in her remaining time, no pain.

Matty said...

I may have missed something along the way, as I don't know who Renee is or the story and purpose behind your post today. However, the picture is gorgeous and I'm sure it has a lot of meaning for you.

Sarah Sullivan said...

Aww hon that is just beautiful..I know she hears you ..I do. Thank you for such a beautiful post! I am still a sobby wreck. Still trying to get my feet under me.
Love you hon, Sarah

Chatty Crone said...

Come by my blog today for a little 'sunshine'. sandie

Carol............. said...

Your photo is amazing...reminds me of a beacon of hope.

Laura said...

such a beautifully written tribute to Renee, to anyone dwelling in the space between this life and whatever comes next.

clairedulalune said...

Hello Barbara, what a beautiful post for Renee, she would love that picture. (hugs)